www.MsCorporateAmerica.com

Sunday, January 31, 2016

9 Reasons Why Week Two of UWP World Tour Was Better Than Fine Wine



     Would you care for a sip of fine wine? I have some just for YOU. Fine wines represent the highest quality of wines and one sip can elevate the way that you feel. But what if I told you that I can offer you something better than wine? 

Once you lay your eyes on this program, you will be SPRUNG! Don't believe me? Go to www.upwithpeople.org. This website may be everything you have been looking for! I wanted to marry this program 9 years ago but the wedding didn't take place until this year. It's safe to say that I am madly in LOVE and believe that this experience was worth the commitment. 

     If you are seeking to travel, perform, and impact, you are seconds away from a global education program that will allow you to do those three things and more! Up with People is a global education program founded on the principle of using music as a means of communicating and inspiring people. Through host family living, world tours, and cultural education, you will gain the information needed in order to make decisions and impact the world as a global citizen. 

     So what is a typical week like as a cast member of Up with People? I quickly discovered that there is not a typical week and every day presents a unique opportunity to learn more about you and the world around you. Although week 2 presented me with moments of discomfort and sprinkles of exhilaration, I can definitely say that I'm a stronger person because of my diverse range of experiences. Here are my Top 9 experiences that may cause you to apply to become a cast member! 

     1.   Get Closer to Your Dream Job. I knew that I would have the opportunity    to perform around the world but I had no idea that I could take advantage of internships. On Tuesday, January 26th, Up with People staff members introduced us to over 20 different internship and assistantship opportunities that we could take advantage of over the next 5 weeks. This was a great surprise since I will be pursuing my MBA in the next 5 months and exploring new career opportunities. Now I can get hands-on experience in my area of interest before I start my MBA program. Thanks Up with People! If you are aiming to gain valuable experience that will make you a hot commodity in the work place, you should think about exploring Up with People. 





     2.    The Sweetest Word You Will Ever Hear. What word draws people in to what you have to say? Your name! That’s right. If you say a person’s name multiple times during a conversation, you make the other person feel valued. We learned the power of names during our Up with People education session and were challenged to say the cast member name associated with each picture that was scattered around the room. Sounds easy, right? Well imagine if you had to remember over 100 names? YIKES! We worked as a team and were able to remember over 95% of the names. Go team! I also snapped  pictures of my roommate and I that were used in the name game.




     3.   Dancing with the Stars. So what did I do during my second week of Up with People staging? Dance. Dance. Dance. This would be the perfect time to check my BMI. Well I don’t know if my eating habits are as superb as my cardio regimen. But I do know that preparing for your first 2 - hour show in less than 3 weeks is INTENSE. Review for the dances that we learned during the first week of staging took place on Wednesday. January 27th. So I had reviews for 2 dances. My body and mind were not ready for it. But I must say that this is great tour training! If you can excel in this fast – paced environment, you can do ANYTHING. What motivates me to keep dancing? The opportunity to unite the world through music and dance is what keeps me in my dancing shoes.  


     4.   Up with People Legacy Dinner. Distinguished Alumni visited Cast A 2016 to breathe life into UWP’s vibrant history. The goal was to show appreciation for the legacy that we inherited and to inspire us all to continue this amazing journey. Did it work? Yes! There were chills running down my spine when my admissions counselor, Nicole Magloire, took the stage.

     Nicole Magloire was the last speaker of the night. When she approached the crowd at the Legacy Dinner, she started with these words:

“Some people bring out the best in us. Some people bring out the worst in us. Some people bring out the most in us."                     

What a powerful beginning that was only a teaser that lead up to the well told stories that captivated everyone in the room. As Nicole stared into the eyes of the participants who were hanging on to her every word, we were all breathing with inspiration thinking about how we would get to witness what Nicole was sharing with us.

Here is a fun fact. Jesse Owens was an early supporter and former member of UWP’s Board of Directors. Did I just type Jesse Owens? Yes! Jesse Owens made history as an African-American Olympic Gold Medalist.



     5.    Speed Dating with Colorado’s Most Influential Leaders. Before our Friday festivities commenced, we had the opportunity to welcome over 20 community leaders to the Sherman Center for 1 hour of speed dating. 

    Prior to the leadership event, I read all biographies to find out more about the leaders and to identify what questions I had for them. Before leaving the house on Friday, I informed my host mom that I would love to meet Stephanie C. because her career path reflected the opportunities that I would like to take advantage of. Well my host mom informed me that Stephanie C. was at her house for Super bowl Sunday 2 years ago. Wow! Small world! 

     I immediately connected with Stephanie and was inspired by her journey and career advice. Everyone that I had the chance to connect with had valuable information to share. Good thing I was taking copious notes! Rico Nunn, Superintendent of the Aurora School System, talked about the importance of being flexible and open in your career. You never know where life will take you! Marketing & Sponsorship Director for Cherry Creek Shopping Center, Dave Dixon, captivated everyone with his business insights. His MBA education shined bright as he spoke about growth strategies and positioning the shopping center to attract his ideal client. What an honor to connect with business leaders who are affiliated with Up with People! Follow-up is key so I will be sending emails soon. 
   
     6.   Party Like a Rockstar. As we were getting on our bus heading back to Louisville, Denver after our Friday staging preparation, I received a special phone call from my host mom. “Change of plans. We are going out to celebrate a special 22nd birthday.” Woohoo! We went to Boulder, Colorado and enjoyed a variety of foods at The Mediterranean tapas restaurant. 



7. Host Family Dinners.Early Mornings. Late Nights. When my alarm clock rings at 4:20 AM, I am tempted to hit the snooze button while I cuddle up for 30 more minutes thinking about the delicious meal I had the night before. The food is really scrumptious! I have been taking notes so that I can return to Chicago as a Master Chef. Yes, I have high hopes! Anything is possible. My roomie, Marie Englebert, receives the award for master baker because of her Belgium specialty cake. It was DELICIOUS!! 








    8. Tea Time! Since Tea is the most popular beverage in the world (except for water), my host family took my cast mate and I to the Celestial Seasoning Tea Tour. There is only one tea factory in the world and it resides in Colorado! Muy interesante! My Tea I.Q just went up 5 notches! The tour guide started the tour with a 8-12 minute video before taking us on a tour of the factory. There are three steps to the tea production process: Milling, Mixing, and Packing. The tour guide walked us through each part of the process while I opened my ears wider. I didn't know there was so much to learn about Tea!






     9. Share Your World with the World.  It was fun dispelling pageantry myths and introducing my cast mates to the power of pageantry. It was also great to have the opportunity to share with the world what happens when you are a pageant titleholder. Check out my video and vote for me to become your next Ms. Corporate America Ambassador.


LIKE the Ms. Corporate America Page below and LIKE the Charlene Rhinehart for Ms. Corporate America VIDEO that was posted on January 26th. Voting ends on February 1st


Find this post on the Ms. Corporate America page and Like the Post under the video. Thank you in advance!




     
     Are you ready to stretch beyond your comfort zone and unite others through music and dance? Let's talk! You can apply online at www.upwithpeople.org. 

    Keep Creating Endless Opportunities, 

   Charlene Rhinehart 
   Ms. Corporate America 2015 
   www.mscorporateamerica.com 
   www.charlenerhinehart.com
   www.thecareergoddess.com 




No comments:

Post a Comment