www.MsCorporateAmerica.com

Friday, January 22, 2016

Why My Proudest Moment Was Not Winning The Crown

"You want to set a goal big enough that in the process of achieving it you become someone worth becoming." --Jim Rohn

People say just when you think things are falling apart, things are actually falling into place. I ended 2014 wondering why everything seemed to be getting tougher. It seemed like I was facing alot of NOs and unbelievable setbacks. I should have known that those constant stream of "setbacks" were a set up for a greater level of success. When that voice in my head was saying give up, I decided to give it my all and was introduced to the best year of my life.

I won the Ms. Corporate America pageant after losing the first 4 pageants I competed in since 2010. On March 7th, 2015, I witnessed a moment that I dreamed about for years. My proudest moment is not winning the crown but it's knowing that I didn't give up after unsuccessful attempts. When you are not afraid of the word NO, there is no limit to how far you can go! Because of my persistence in achieving one goal, I was presented with more opportunities than I could have imagined. 

I now have the opportunity to expand my diversity in business platform all over the world by traveling with Up with People. I am truly grateful! I plan to share my journey with all of the future world travelers so that you can be inspired to live the wildest, most purposeful life that you can imagine. 

To every dreamer, keep dreaming! Faithfully pursue your dream by ensuring that every day includes one thing that will get you closer to your goal. Yes, it may be tough. But embrace the journey! Enjoy the growth. Celebrate the person that you are becoming. The best gift you can give yourself is unwrapping a better version of you today than you were yesterday. There is another you inside of you that is waiting on you to take the NEXT step. Are you ready?


No comments:

Post a Comment