www.MsCorporateAmerica.com

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Queen Confession: Zumba Saved my BMI!

Let’s just be honest. I’m not a HUGE fan of the gym.

Unless…..

I’m having FUN. And Zumba is the definition of FUN. Zumba is a latin – inspired aerobic dance fitness program. The dance moves are a combination of samba, salsa, hip-hop and mambo. Zumba is the ultimate fat burning activity that will have you sweating within minutes. It's the perfect exercise for maintaining a healthy BMI. What's BMI? Body Mass Index. BMI is a measure of body fat based on height and weight. I wrote about BMI in a previous blog post titled, "Renewing Your Vows. Are you ready to recommit?" You can burn as many as 1000 calories in a hour long Zumba class if you really move to the music and get your heart pumping.  1000 calories??! That’s right! So come on down to one of my Zumba classes and remove all of the negative thoughts in your head that have ever tried to hold you back.






Why is it so difficult to commit to a fitness regimen? Why do we have gym memberships that we don’t use? Why do we make new years fitness resolutions that become stale after two weeks?  Let’s face it. Life happens and when it HAPPENS we put ourselves last. When we put ourselves last, our BMI rises. HELP! Don't worry. That's why I'm here. Time to be strategic. How do we make fitness a part of our lives? Well you brush your teeth every day, right? I sure hope so! If you can commit 2-5 minutes to these activities, you should try to commit 5 minutes to physical fitness in the morning in order to prepare your mind to conquer greater fitness challenges. What else can you do to make fitness a part of your life? Well I became a Certified Zumba instructor in January 2012 because I realized I am sometimes more committed to helping others than myself. Goals that go beyond me motivate me to take action. So I developed a WIN-WIN strategy through Zumba. I put all of my energy into teaching a zumba class so that participants can have fun while sweating.

One committed leader from Tinley Park wanted to bring Zumba to Anointed Ministries. Enterprises Media Productions CEO, Kindell Anderson, organized a successful Zumba event that led participants one step closer to their fitness goals. I love it when leaders want to spread health awareness through Zumba. I had the pleasure of teaching this Zumba class on Saturday, June 20th at the new location for Anointed Ministries. The ladies worked it out! Take a look at the pictures below that were captured by the Founder & President of KinKat photography, Kathleen Mosley! Don’t forget to join us on Saturday, June 27th.  






So there you have it! My love for the gym is not as strong as my love for ZUMBA. If it wasn't for Zumba, my BMI would be off the charts. I'm serious. I would be 200 pounds heavier if it wasn't for Zumba. I wish I could be like my faithful Facebook friends who have committed to going to the gym everyday but I realize that you have to find what works best for YOU. There is no one size fits all fitness regimen. So explore your options. Commit to an at home fitness challenge. Take various fitness classes. Test the waters. Go on fitness dates until you are ready to settle down. You WILL find the fitness regimen that works best for you. When you do find your perfect match, don’t let it go!  As you know, true fitness love is hard to find so make sure you commit when you do find what works best for you. When you are in love, you will find that your day is incomplete without your special workout. When I was introduced to Zumba, it was definitely love at first sight. I intend to hold on to this love forever.






Photographer: Kathleen Mosley- KinKat Photography
(708) 359-2001

Zumba Contact: Kindell Anderson – Enterprises Media Productions
(773) 209 - 4733

Location: Anointed Word International Ministries in Tinley Park, IL

Pastor: Jacqueline Anderson, (708) 429-2600   

About Anointed Ministries:
Founded in 1999, Anointed Word International Ministries is   "A Cutting Edge Ministry for Today's Changing World”.
·      
     *Daily Telecast Monday-Friday at 4pm MC-TV Comcast Channel 386. Check your local cable listing.
·      *Sunday evening WJYS 830pm.
   *Radio Broadcast Rejoice 102.3 FM M.W.F    5:30am

·      *Food Pantry Every Wednesday 9:30am-11:30am

Thank you to Kindell Anderson for hosting this Zumba event for the Tinley Park community!

Keep Creating Endless Opportunities,

Ms. Corporate America 2015


 *Contact me at mscorporateamerica2015@gmail.com to schedule me for a corporate or community zumba class 

No comments:

Post a Comment