www.MsCorporateAmerica.com

Monday, June 15, 2015

From Chicago to Vegas to Hoffman Estates: Moving from Fear to Confidence can take you FAR!

Ask and you shall receive! I wanted to starve my fears and ignite my confidence. I wanted to live a life that I had always dreamed of and have the courage to step out on faith. I wanted to do what most people were too afraid to do. I wanted to truly LIVE.  So what was the dream that I wanted to transform into a reality? I wanted to travel to major cities whenever I wanted, promote Ms. Corporate America to accomplished women in business, interact with distinguished speakers and business professionals, and inspire others to move from Fear to Confidence by sharing my story. Well it all happened …..sooner than I expected! The week of June 8th was a week that I will never forget. Each moment left me with a renewed vision of the life that I could create and I am truly excited about the doors that continue to open.

My unforgettable week started with a photo shoot for the Illinois CPA Society INSIGHT magazine on Monday, June 8th. I also received a glimpse of the Q&A that will be published by Young Professionals manager and Hype magazine editor, Sarah Hermann. I am grateful to the Illinois CPA Society for giving me the opportunity to share my story after being awarded the Illinois CPA Society Young Professional Leader of the Year award on Friday, June 5th. Later that day, I had a chance to engage in a one hour radio interview with NextPhaze blog talk radio owner and personality, Ali Joseph. We talked about my success secrets to obtaining over $100K in scholarships and internships during college, my decision to study Accounting, and my future aspirations as Founder of CEO Unlimited and Speak Like A Queen. I absolutely loved Ali Joseph’s high energy and commitment to women’s empowerment.

After partaking in photo shoots and interviews in Chicago, I wanted to take my energy to Las Vegas for the National Association of Black Accountants Convention. If you want to know what happened in Vegas, I am breaking the tradition and giving you a glimpse of the conference highlights in my previous blog. Check it out! It was truly an honor to speak to the scholarship recipients and student leaders about my journey as an Accounting major and share tips on how to “Present the Best You” at the conference. I am truly grateful to have received 4 National NABA Scholarships and all expense paid trips to the NABA Convention as a student at DePaul University and am honored to have these opportunities to live NABA’s motto of “Lifting as We Climb”.


Ms. Corporate America with National NABA Director & CPA, Dimeta Smith (left), and other prominent NABA leaders




Ms. Corporate America captured a picture with scholarship luncheon speaker, Dr. Randy Bradley (far left). If you read the previous blog, you will know how powerful Dr. Randy's speech was! 

I had to leave the conference on Friday in order to share my  Vegas excitement in Hoffman Estates at the Toastmasters Leadership Institute (TLI). TLI Dean, LaShonda Milton, did a fantastic job organizing an event that connected a list of high caliber speakers and leaders. The icing on the cake was listening to World Champion & Accredited Speaker, Dana Lamon, who became legally blind at the age of 4 but was still determined to attend Yale University, graduate from Law School, and create an established career as a professional speaker. Inspirational! I had a chance to introduce this accomplished leader before delivering my workshop “New Year, New Certification: Moving From Fear to Confidence to Attract Everything You Desire”.  Most people are so incapacitated by their FEARS that they stop LIVING. I not only provided 10 tips to help people overcome their fears but I allowed participants to immediately practice fear abandonment. One brave soul had the opportunity to stand in front of the room as he received a question from another member of the audience. The speaker had 1-2 minutes to answer the question and he nailed it. This exercise was designed to illustrate the importance of how to “Be comfortable being uncomfortable”. The speaker executed faith over fear in order to gain comfort in a situation that most people would view as uncomfortable. Well this is the same approach that we need to take in order to be comfortable in other areas of our lives. Step up to the plate and just do it. You can do it!! If you don’t think you can, I would love to help you! Contact me at mscorporateamerica2015@gmail.com for more information. I love helping others move from Fear to Confidence in every area of their life which is why I founded both CEO Unlimited & Speak Like a Queen while competing for the title of Ms. Corporate America 2015.  I believe in YOU!


Ms. Corporate America met World Champion & Accredited Speaker, Dana Lamon! 

What an exhilarating week filled with motivation! But now it’s time for me to relax, reflect, and dream about the new opportunities that await me! Always remember, your best days are in front of you!

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. “ Jeremiah 29:11 

Keep Creating Endless Opportunities,

Ms. Corporate America 2015


*Do you want to improve your public speaking skills? Join Toastmasters International! Visit www.toastmasters.org to begin a journey that can take you from where you are to where you want to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment