www.MsCorporateAmerica.com

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The Beginning of a Dream Come True!

My life was forever changed 5 years ago. When you hear and see the signs that you have been waiting for, your mind shifts in a miraculous way and attracts the thing that you desire the most.

I will never forget May 18, 2010. It was the beginning of me intentionally, purposefully, and unapologetically becoming the best me. I committed to becoming the CEO of my life.  

Here is the first blog that I ever wrote on October 11, 2010.  I cannot say how important it is to dream big, enjoy the process, and lift as you climb. Don’t be intimidated by what may seem impossible. God may be using you as an example to show others what is possible for their lives!


I was searching for meaning and purpose. What I found was an opportunity that many only dream about. The day I became a contestant in the Miss Illinois USA pageant is the day that I made a commitment to fully be who I was created to be.

It all started with my goal to take on a challenge that would strengthen me, teach me the value of perseverance, and help me to build character. After I graduated from DePaul University, my number one priority was becoming a Certified Public Accountant. Knowing that so many people were suffering from unemployment and had limited access to financial resources, I felt that becoming a C.P.A would get me one step closer to impacting the financial status of residents in Illinois.

The road to becoming a CPA was far from easy. It required sacrifice and extreme commitment. After work every day, I would meet up with my study group until 11 pm at night. During this time, I had to put my life on hold. There was limited dance, fun, and friends. I felt incomplete because I could not be actively involved in my community. I sometimes questioned if the sacrifice was worth it but deep down I knew that passing this exam meant much more than passing a test.

After a mixture of successful and unsuccessful attempts with the CPA exam, I was ready for the journey to be over. I needed to be involved in my community again. On May 18th 2010, I took the last of four rigorous exams that were required in order to become a Certified Public Accountant.  The feelings I felt after my test were far from the joy of excitement. I didn’t think I passed. I was devastated but I knew that I gave it my all and made every minute count.

I felt a sense of relief when I got home because I could get a break from studying until I received my test results. I used that time to think. Now that my last test was over with, what would be the next major goal that I wanted to accomplish? I called my mom and told her how I wanted meaning and fulfillment in my life. I wanted a chance to make a difference. I wanted the chance to do service everyday and inspire others to live their dreams. I wanted to go after a goal that was so big, that it would transform me into a person that was worth becoming. I paused because someone was calling on the other line. You wouldn’t believe who it was?! The Miss Illinois USA state pageant coordinator was calling to interview me for a chance to compete in the Miss Illinois USA pageant! Are you serious? That moment was so unbelievable. Through the Miss IL USA organization I would get exactly what I wanted! I would have the opportunity to grow, be challenged, and transform into a person that was worth becoming. I would have a chance to serve a purpose that was greater than myself.

That was a truly a magical moment for me! Later I found out that I did pass my exam to become a C.P.A and was headed to Miss Illinois USA!
Who would have known that my setbacks were actually stepping stones to a greater purpose?

May 18, 2015:
Reading about this moment from May 18, 2010 leaves me speechless and feels me up with emotion. I keep rereading these words “I called my mom and told her how I wanted meaning and fulfillment in my life. I wanted a chance to make a difference. I wanted the chance to do service everyday and inspire others to live their dreams. I wanted to go after a goal that was so big, that it would transform me into a person that was worth becoming.”  Wow. That statement describes me life right now. It seems so surreal. This is exactly what I am doing as Ms. Corporate America! I received everything I asked for. This couldn’t have been a better time to receive it. God’s timing is always better than ours. Trust in his timing and you will realize that Dreams Do Come True!

Keep Creating Endless Opportunities,

Ms. Corporate America 2015




No comments:

Post a Comment